Sunday, January 8, 2012

This One's for you Dad!!

My Dad has been pestering me for years to start writing about my wanderings around the world.  When I first started travelling, I was sure that I would never forget all of the different countries I was visiting and experiences I was having, so I was not very interested in taking time to document them.  And, for awhile, I didn't.  Then it happened - I turned 30 and my brain started to deteriorate.  Then, to add insult to injury, I got pregnant and the process intensified, due to some combination of lack of coffee intake and prenatal hormones.  The other day I drove to the store to buy cheese to make quesadillas and then promptly forgot what I was doing there.  While standing in the frozen food aisle, staring aimlessly at the party wieners, I decided that dear old dad was right on.  The time has come to document the awesome places I've been and all of the cool things I've been able to do so far on this great planet.  Most of my gallivanting to date has been in Asia and I hope that other folks stricken with wanderlust can get some tips from my adventures and misadventures around these parts.    

No comments:

Post a Comment